Reading Ladder 2018

*** In order of what was read first

★★★★★ 5/5 Rating
★★★★ 4/5 Rating
★★★ 3/5 Rating
★★ 2/5 Rating
★ 1/5 Rating

January

1. The Universe of Us – Lang Leav  (240pg) ★★★★
  2. Memories – Lang Leav (256pg) ★★★★
  3. 100 Selected Poems – E.E Cummings (128pg) ★★★★
  4. Exemplar 30-1 Critical Essays and Personal Responses – Various Students (50 pg)

Total Pages Read: 674 (22pgs per day) 

January, as a whole, was a pretty eventful month as I had diploma exams to write; however, I managed to read a LOT of Lang Leav which, in my opinion, is an accomplishment. I consider it to be an accomplishment because reading poetry offered an outlet for the stress that accumulated during my revision for exams.  For next month, I would like to read actual novels… check out my “Reading Wishlist” to see what I’ll be reading!

February

1. The Glass Menagerie – Tennessee Williams (128pg) ★★★
  2. Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn (415pg) ★★
  3. Afterimage – Robert Chafe (96pg) x4 ★★★★★

Total Pages Read: 927 (33pgs per day) 

Afterimage is the play I am stage managing for One Act 2018, which is why I have already read it four times over. Fortunately, this increases my reading rate and helps with the production of the play. However, February’s reading rate isn’t very accurate or reflective of my reading because most of my time was spent on the script. Also, the novels I read this month weren’t my favorite. I tend to love Tennessee Williams, but I found The Glass Menagerie to be quite repetitive and boring. Alas, I shall continue on my reading journey and hopefully read This Side of Paradise  by F. Scott Fitzgerald and The Cellist Of Sarajevo by Steven Galloway. Thank you for checking out my reading ladder!!

March

1. The Poetry of Emily Dickinson – Emily Dickinson (352pg) ★★★
  2. The Poetry of WB Yeats – William Butler Yeats (576pg) ★★★

March, sadly, was a pretty non-eventful month in terms of reading because with all of the accumulating stress of a new semester, I decided to take time for myself (which was mostly just sleeping). However, out of the poetry collections I read, I thoroughly enjoyed Emily Dickinson’s poetry because I am quite a newbie towards her writing. You may also be wondering why I haven’t updated my reading ladder in ages (this was posted in June) because I have become a journal addict and I have been keeping track of all my reading in there. However, I still wanted to maintain a digit copy because I might lose my journal 🙁 I really want to tackle the Goldfinch for next month!!